24 second shotclock violation

24 second shotclock violation
Jumpshots. No look passes. Dominate the glass. High flying dunks. Ankle breakers.

Since i was 7, I was already into basketball. As far as I'm concern, The first game I've watched was the game of MJ and the Chicago Bulls Against the Utah Jazz' Stocton and Malone. I still remember I was crying out loud because I want to watch Tom and Jerry that time. But since it was a championship game, Tom and Jerry was killed by my dad. So I don't have any other choice but to watched the game whole-heartedly. But suddenly, when I saw MJ's astonishing moves, monstrous dunks and dynamic clutch shots, man, my jaw was open for about an hour. It was the beginning of basketball entering in my life. The 1st quarter. The tip off.

Allen Iverson, Vince Carter, Lebron James, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and of course, Michael Jordan were my greatest influences in this sport. When I'm in the court, I always imitate their godly moves. Unfortunately, Instead of breaking others ankle, I usually broke mine. I still remember the first basket that I've drained, a different kind of bliss invaded my soul. I felt I was MJ that time. As time goes by, every lay ups, jumpshots and cross-overs triggered more of my will of playing this sport. I wanted to bring it into the next level. I want to prove something in myself. So when i entered high school, I tried out in our Chess varsity team. Basketball of course. Luckily, I did great in the screening so i was accepted. Unexplainable happiness is all i can say. First year was a struggle. Everyday training plus Algebra homeworks almost killed me. but of course, it also transformed me into a great responsible player. Every game is a learning experience. Missed shots made me more thorough. Turnovers made me smart. Injuries made me stronger. And every defeat made me more passionate.

As of now, as a college student with a busy schedule, I somehow, stopped playing basketball. Well, I chose my studies over it and for me, I already proved something in myself. But man, basketball is 3/4 of my life so it is not possible for me to forget it that easily. Maybe it's just that the 24 second shot clock is over for me.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...